Auditions for 2018-2019 Season
FALL SEMESTER AUDITIONS
- August 29-30, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
- Callbacks: August 31, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
- September 5-6, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
- Callbacks: September 7, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
Early Auditions for Spring 2019 Shows
The auditions will be use to try to cast the show in part or full. In the event we cannot fully cast or a cast member drops over the winter break, we will use the spring auditions to continue to fill and cast the shows. Our goal is to cast directly from our pool of students before reaching outside of our community.
- December 5-6, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 109
- Callbacks: December 7, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 109
SPRING SEMESTER AUDITIONS (CONTINUED)
"Nuevas Voces" / "Pillowman"
- January 9-10, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
- Callbacks: January 11, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 111
- January 16-17, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 109
- Callbacks: January 18, 6-8:30 p.m. in F 109
Prepared monologues are welcome, but the directors will provide monologues and/or scenes for those without a prepared audition piece. Beginners welcome!
Contact Sarah Fabian at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Notice to Off-Loop non-union actors
The theatre program within the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre is a liberal arts program serving the whole University community. Since the beginning, the program has had an open casting policy, which means roles are open to students, faculty, staff and people from the Chicago area. Typically, we find that Off-Loop actors are motivated to audition for roles in the University productions to get the opportunity to play specific roles or to add more evidence of experience to their resumes.
Roles are non-paying, and directors are encouraged to cast students for the majority of roles.