THE SCSE: YOUR CONNECTION TO ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS IN THE SCIENCES
The Student Center for Science Engagement (SCSE) is a friendly space where students gather to study and talk about science, located in Bernard Brommel Hall (BBH), Room 247. At the SCSE, students form study groups, receive tutoring and get individualized guidance on preparing for science-oriented careers. Visit our office in BBH 235.
Central to the mission of the SCSE is to support the academic challenges and career development of NEIU students. In particular, the SCSE assists students interested in or majoring in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
Students are supported as they prepare for graduate school and jobs that leverage their scientific training. In the words of one Northeastern science student: “The SCSE offers great opportunities to learn and gain valuable experience.”
- Mentorship, advising and assistance with academic and professional questions.
- Tutoring in science and math courses, and summer GRE preparation class.
- Professional development workshops such as The Summer Internship, Your Graduate School Application, and Creating a LinkedIn Profile.
- Guidance on summer research opportunities.
- Assistance with scientific conferences.
- Support with graduate school exploration and application.
- Introduction to professional opportunities. Guest speakers discuss exciting career possibilities.
- Science magazines and fun articles on current science topics.
To enhance your overall experience in the sciences at Northeastern visit the SCSE where you will find support that can make a difference!
The Student Center for Science Engagement was established in 2008 with an award from the Department of Education’s College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA) for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) grants.
Ensemble Español to honor Jose Greco in 42nd annual American Spanish Dance & Music Festival
3 days agoEnsemble Español’s popular live dance and music performances return to the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts with Flamenco Passion: A Tribute to Jose…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Congratulations, graduates!
Friday, May 11, 2018Congratulations to Northeastern Illinois University’s Class of 2018! We’ve got photos, stories and videos from Commencement, plus news on two state book awards and the…
First Master of Social Work students graduate from Northeastern Illinois University
Friday, May 11, 2018Northeastern Illinois University experienced something new during Commencement on May 7: The first cohort of students from the Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) Program crossed…