THE SCSE: YOUR CONNECTION TO ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS IN THE SCIENCES
The Student Center for Science Engagement (SCSE) is a friendly space where students gather to study and talk about science, located in Bernard Brommel Hall (BBH), Room 247. At the SCSE, students form study groups, receive tutoring and get individualized guidance on preparing for science-oriented careers. Visit our office in Bernard Brommel Hall, Room 235.
Central to the mission of the SCSE is to support the academic challenges and career development of NEIU students. In particular, the SCSE assists students interested in or majoring in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
Students are supported as they prepare for graduate school and jobs that leverage their scientific training. In the words of one Northeastern science student: “The SCSE offers great opportunities to learn and gain valuable experience.”
- Mentorship, advising and assistance with academic and professional questions.
- Tutoring in science and math courses, and summer GRE preparation class.
- Professional development workshops such as The Summer Internship, Your Graduate School Application, and Creating a LinkedIn Profile.
- Guidance on summer research opportunities.
- Assistance with scientific conferences.
- Support with graduate school exploration and application.
- Introduction to professional opportunities. Guest speakers discuss exciting career possibilities.
- Science magazines and fun articles on current science topics.
To enhance your overall experience in the sciences at Northeastern visit the SCSE where you will find support that can make a difference!
The Student Center for Science Engagement was established in 2008 with an award from the Department of Education’s College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA) for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) grants.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: A new president
1 day agoNortheastern Illinois University has its next president! Read all about Dr. Gloria Gibson, an important new digital collection released by the Ronald Williams Library and…
Northeastern Illinois University’s Board of Trustees Names 10th University President
2 days agoThe Northeastern Illinois University Board of Trustees announced today that it has named Dr. Gloria J. Gibson the new president of the University. Gibson has…
Ronald Williams Library digitally releases Japanese American Redress Collection
6 days agoNortheastern Illinois University’s Ronald Williams Library has digitally released a Japanese American Redress Collection of documents that focus on the Commission on the Wartime Relocation…