Technology at Northeastern
University Technology Services provides an effective and efficient information technology environment for the entire educational community. Our technologies support learning, research, teaching and administration. This IT environment provides the latest in technology for administrative and academic computing, local and wide area networking, telephony, helpdesk, client computer literacy and training, and media and web services for our students, faculty and staff.
Computers and Software
Northeastern has a number of classrooms with computers for each student as well as more than 400 computers available for general use in student computing labs. These labs contain both PC and Apple computers and provide access to a broad array of applications. You’ll also find a number of special computing labs for computing-intensive disciplines such as:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Video Editing
- Computer Science
In addition, almost all classrooms are equipped with displays or projectors to support multimedia teaching and learning experiences. We are constantly rolling out additional technology to support collaboration and support for students and faculty.
Semesterly Operating Hours for Student Computer Labs
|Days Available||Open||Close||Lab Locations|
|Monday - Thursday||8 AM||10 PM||B-103, BBH-208, CBM-119, LWH-2104|
|Friday||8 AM||5 PM||B-103, BBH-208, CBM-119, LWH-2104|
|Sunday||12 PM||5 PM||B-103|
Break Period Operating Hours for student computer Labs
|Days Available||Times Available||Lab Locations|
|Monday - Friday||8 AM - 4 PM||LWH-2104|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed||All|
Check the Academic Calendar for the current semster's dates of operation.
Note: Printing is available at all Student Computer Lab locations.
We provide an environment that encourages you to use mobile technology:
- Connect with Wi-Fi access almost everywhere, including classrooms, offices and shared spaces.
- Stay connected with mobile phone coverage available at all of our campus locations. Our main campus has a Verizon Wireless cell site installed on the roof of our library providing a clear 4G LTE signal to its customers. Other carriers’ coverage is also available though less pervasive.
- Download the NEIU mobile app on your Android, Apple iOS or Blackberry device. Search for “NEIU” on the app stores.
- Find out what’s happening on campus with our mobile app for “NEIU Events,” supported on Android and Apple iOS.
Northeastern also provides numerous systems to make student interaction with each other and the University easier. These include:
- NEIU portal system, where you may register for classes, pay your bill and check your financial aid.
- Google apps are used to encourage collaboration among students, faculty and staff. Google apps include 30 gigabytes of space for each person for storing files, collaborating and storing e-mail (branded as Nmail).
Students, faculty or staff may contact the NEIU technology helpdesk at 773-442-4357 or email@example.com with any questions.
Students may also contact staff located in our student computer labs for assistance.
Northeastern to host 2017 Chicago Chamber Music Festival
19 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University will host the Chicago Chamber Music Festival (CCMF) from July 29 through Aug. 5. CCMF is a one-week summer immersion program for talented young musicians ages…
Greg Carr to lecture at Carruthers Center
Monday, July 17, 2017Associate Professor of Africana Studies and Chair of the Department of Afro-American Studies at Howard University Greg Carr will deliver a lecture titled “Black Education and Politics in…
Pakistan ambassador to U.S. to speak at Northeastern
Monday, July 17, 2017Northeastern Illinois University’s Department of Political Science and Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh Initiative will host Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States, Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, for a…