Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, the main focus was to recruit and retain African American students. Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities and backgrounds, making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the collegiate environment.
Project Success Offers:
- A merit-based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs and events
- Multicultural and performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
An admissions formula that contains an applicant's grade point average and SAT or ACT score is used to determine eligibility for freshman admission to Northeastern Illinois University.
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Honoring a veteran
Friday, June 15, 2018The WNBA’s Chicago Sky honored a Northeastern Illinois University Social Work major during a recent game. Read about U.S. Navy veteran Stephen Joseph’s game experience…
Northeastern awards tenure and promotions to 11 faculty members
Thursday, June 14, 2018Northeastern Illinois University has awarded tenure and promotions to associate professor for 11 members of the faculty, who were introduced during the June 14 Board…
Social Work major honored by Chicago Sky for military service
Wednesday, June 13, 2018Stephen Joseph noticed a change in his son when he returned from a year in combat in Afghanistan. A 20-year veteran of the U.S. Navy,…