Attend the Graduate Open House - March 26, 2015
Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Alimni Hall, Student Union, Main Campus
Our Graduate Open House is specifically for prospective students interested in furthering their education in post-baccalaureate courses or programs. Small class sizes allow for greater faculty interaction and our class offerings are convenient for working professionals. Invest in your future:
- Learn about our graduate programs in business, education, liberal and finer arts, and physical and social sciences.
- Meet graduate faculty, program advisors, financial aid and admissions representatives.
- Mingle with current graduate students to hear about Northeastern experience.
About the College of Graduate Studies and Research
We support and encourage learning, research, training, faculty development, community service, and involvement in professional organizations. Northeastern is a leader among metropolitan universities, known for its dedication to its urban mission, the quality of its programs, the success of its graduates, and the diversity of its learning environment.
We offer 50 graduate and post-baccalaureate programs. Whether you’re seeking a master’s degree or certification, our programs will meet your needs. Our small class sizes allow for quality interaction with faculty and students.
Graduate programs are housed in Northeastern’s three Colleges:
- The College of Arts and Sciences offers 17 master’s degrees in a variety of academic and career-oriented disciplines. These graduate programs provide a sound foundation for further graduate or professional studies and prepare students for careers in their chosen fields.
- The College of Business and Management offers the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in Accounting. Students develop effective leadership and management skills to succeed in an increasingly global market.
- The College of Education has a strong reputation for training teachers in the Chicago area. Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, it offers 19 master’s degrees in a variety of teaching disciplines.
Financial Aid & Funding Opportunities
The College of Graduate Studies and Research, along with the Financial Aid Office, will help you with finding and applying for funding that is right for you. The idea of paying for college may seem daunting, but we offer many resources to help pay for your education, including federal, state, local and private funding opportunities.
In addition, the College offers assistantships to qualified graduate student applicants. These varied assistantships pay for tuition and provide a modest stipend. Recipients of this award are required to work 20 hours per week assisting a department or faculty research.
We also offer the Graduate Merit Tuition Scholarship, as well as other merit-based and departmental scholarships for qualified students.
At Northeastern, we understand the ambitions, challenges and successes of pursuing a graduate degree. Whether you’re attending part-time or full-time, we will help you create a plan that fits your goals. We offer flexible course schedules with afternoon and evening hours to help with managing work, family and life.
Northeastern has four campus locations and select hybrid classes, providing the opportunity to build a course plan that allows you to complete your degree. Visit our main campus, the Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and University Center of Lake County.
Contact Graduate Admissions
With any questions regarding admissions process and/or specific program information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (773) 442-6001.