Job Opportunities with Student Computing services
Thanks for taking interest in SCS. Before applying make sure that you are within the correct time frame and have the minimum skills required. For application dates and job requirements, please see the information below:
SCS is accepting applications during these time frames
|Semester Hiring||Date Begins||Date Ends|
|Spring semester hiring||December - 1st||January - 31st|
|Summer semester hiring||May - 1st||June - 30th|
|Fall semester hiring||August - 1st||September - 30th|
Applications received outside of these dates might not be accepted.
Please Check the following Requirements before applying
- Like to work with people
- Be able to demonstrate basic computer skills (experience is required)
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds of paper periodically
- Be enrolled for at least 5 credit hours (Spring & Fall semesters) to be eligible for employment.
- Preferably, not have earned more than 90 completed credit hours
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and invites applications from all Qualified Individuals
A student lab assistant working with SCS will be responsible for the following tasks
- Serve as staff consultant to users
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies
- Maintain and provide operational support of the microcomputers and their relevant applications
Students awarded Work Study money will be given priority.