Campus Recreation offers Neptune which is a learn-to-swim program that offers adult and youth group swim lessons. Lessons are hands-on instruction with an emphasis on gaining comfort in the water and learning recreational and competitive strokes as well as lifeguard preparation skills.
Neptune sessions Schedule
YOUTH CLASSES ( Ages 5 - 16)
PRE-SCHOOL CLASSES (Ages 3 - 4)
ADULT CLASSES (16+)
PRIVATE LESSONS (1 ON 1) All Ages
Neptune Sessions Schedule
Fall begins the day after Labor Day and ends the week before Thanksgiving
Spring begins the day after Martin Luther King Day and ends the second week of April
Summer I begins the 3rd week of May and ends before July 4th
Summer II begins after July 4th and ends the first week of August
For children ages 5-14 years old (Must be in kindergarten). Classes are kept to a maximum of 4 students per instructor. All levels are available during each session throughout the year. Classes are 40 minutes.
- Fall and Spring: Monday - Thursday, 5:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.; Friday, 4:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.; Saturday, 10:30 a.m and 11:15 a.m.
- Summer I: Wednesday - Thursday, 5:15 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.; Friday 4:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m., Saturday, 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m.
- Summer II: Wednesday 10:45 a.m.; Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.; Friday, 10:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m, Saturday, 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m.
For children ages 3 & 4 years old. Classes are kept to a maximum of 3 students per instructor. Classes are 25 minutes.
- Fall and Spring: Friday, 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, 10:00 a.m.
- Summer I: Fridays, 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.
- Summer II: Fridays, 10:00 a.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m.
For ages 15 and up and/or current NEIU students. Classes are kept to a maximum of 5 students per instructor. Classes are 40 minutes.
- Fall and Spring: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7:15 p.m.
- Summer I: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
- Summer II: Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. and Friday at 10:00 a.m.
PRIVATE LESSONS (1 ON 1)
For ages 5 and up. This is a 1-on-1 40-minute private lesson with a certified instructor.
- Fall and Spring: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, 12:00 noon (Fall and Spring)
- Summer I: Wednesdays, 5:15 p.m. (Summer I)
- Summer II: Fridays, 10:00 a.m. (Summer II)
$75-100 for 5-6 weeks (Summer only)
$165-190 for 11-12 weeks (Fall & Spring)
$20.00 per group lessons
$35.00 per 1 on 1 private lesson
Students, faculty/staff, alumni, and Campus Recreation Members must register in person to receive discounts.
To register in-person, please contact Gail Ito at email@example.com or (773) 442-4246 for an appointment.
People needing special assistance or accommodations should contact Student Disability Services at (773) 442-4595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the SDS office:
Student Disability Services D-104
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.