F-1 International Students who are completing their degree program at the end of the spring and summer 2018 sessions can apply for the Optional Practical Training (OPT). This allows students to extend their stay for 12 months while working full-time. This is a two time event, which is held every spring and fall Semester. When you reserve, you are getting the OPT Application Packet.
- Twenty of Northeastern's International Partner Universities (IPUs) will be on campus in the Student Union.
- Information will be shared about how to be registered and pay local tuition at Northeastern while spending a semester abroad as an exchange student.
- Visiting IPUs will make individual presentations about their universities and the cities and countries where they are located (see schedule). Don't be left out! To register your attendance at one or more of the presentations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a lot to do at Northeastern Illinois University, from leadership development and conference organization to many interesting student organizations. See how you can get involved.
One example is the Language and Culture Interconnections, which is a group of students, educators, language lovers and globetrotters seeking to promote participation in their professional development and establish a stronger sense of community at Northeastern. Join their Facebook group.
"The Nest" student housing opens Fall 2016
Visit this site frequently for:
- Information about International Programs events
- Up-to-the-minute information about many events for you on campus
- Information about events in the City of Chicago