Upon completion of the Elementary Education, B.A. program, students will:
- Meet current State of Illinois standards for Elementary Education licensure
- Gain knowledge of philosophical and educational principles underlying the teaching of elementary students.
- Gain knowledge and practice methods of teaching elementary students.
- Qualify for Elementary Education Endorsement
- Complete 100 clock hours in a local school and a student teaching experience.
The Goodwin College of Education offers flexible day, evening and weekend classes.
Students get personalized attention from skilled professors in small class sizes, and gain connections to internships, career fairs and educational conferences.
Northeastern offers an affordable tuition and convenient urban locations accessible by car or public transportation.
Academic Catalog Information
Take a closer look at the B.A. in Elementary Education and the courses offered toward the degree.
Department and Contact Information
If you are interested in the program or have questions, please contact Teacher Education at (773) 442-5380.
Northeastern Illinois University is home to 9,000 students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.