Goodwin College of Education Undergraduate and Teaching Licensure Program (TLP)
- Complete the Goodwin College of Application available in TK20: Click here. Use your student NEIU login user name and password. Download TK20 instructions here.
- Download the letter of Recommendation from a Professor/Instructor available online in TK20.
- Upload your unofficial NEIU transcripts in TK20.
- Meet with your Goodwin College of Education professional advisor to declare your Education Major. See form here.
- If you are an applicant that has been accepted to the Teaching Licensure Program (TLP) , please upload your TLP acceptance letter in TK20.
- See application deadline dates, here.
- Minimum admission requirements to the Goodwin College:
- “C” or better in English 101
- “C” or better in a College level Math leading to NEIU math competency (example: MATH 101, or 102, etc.)
- Must have a 2.5 Cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
- Additional requirements for candidates seeking admission to ALL teacher preparation programs including all initial undergraduate or graduate programs (i.e. Bilingual/Bicultural, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Middle Level Education, Physical Education, K-12 Education in Music/Art/Spanish, Secondary Education and Special Education):
- Create an account on the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS), see here.
- A Test of Basic Skills is required for admission to all teacher preparation programs. See additional information about the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) here. The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) accepts the ACT plus writing or SAT in lieu of TAP, see more information here.
- Superscoring is now available on the ACT/SAT. If you do not have an overall passing composite score, it is possible to add the highest subject scores from each test and divide by the total number of tests to obtain a composite score. Please, read more about this option here.
- If English is not your first language and you need accommodations and English support to take the ACT Plus Writing Test, please complete the following steps.
- Per the State of Illinois School Code, candidates applying to teacher preparation programs must pass Federal and State of Ilinois background checks. Additional Information here. If you are having problems with the regular fingerprint, Ink & Roll Fingerprinting Process might be a solution. Read more about this process here.
Application Questions – Please contact:
Transfer of Course Credit Information for Educational Foundations 305/405, 306/406
Please contact the Department of Educational Inquiry & Curriculum Studies at (773) 442-55586 in LWH 4010. When you contact the Department, please provide them with scanned copies of the syllabi and your transcript from the college/university for which you are seeking to transfer credit.