Monday, September 11, 2017
Northeastern celebrates 150 years with NEIU Weekend on Sept. 15 and 16
Organized by the Office of Alumni Relations, the two-day event is open to alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of the University and will include complimentary and ticketed family-friendly events.
Here are some of the NEIU Weekend 2017 highlights:
Friday, Sept. 15
- 4-10 p.m.: Fall Fest, sponsored by the Northeastern Programming Board, kicks off the weekend with outdoor games, vendors and live performances from CoverGurl, La Obra and Steven Christi. Fall Fest is complimentary; food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- 6-9 p.m.: Biennial Juried Art Alumni Exhibition Opening Reception
Saturday, Sept. 16
- 9:30-11:30 a.m.: College and department open houses in various locations on the Main Campus and at El Centro. Free.
- Noon-3 p.m.: The Golden Eagle Alumni and Family Picnic on the University Commons will include a picnic lunch as well as outdoor activities and children’s entertainment. $10 per person; free to NEIU students and children under 12.
- 6:30 p.m.: The black-tie-optional Golden Gala Alumni Awards Dinner celebrates 150 years of incredible faculty, staff, students and alumni with the presentation of awards for Alumni Service, Community Leadership, Outstanding GOLD Alumni and Future Alumni Leader along with dinner, dancing and live performances. $150.
Attendees may RSVP online, by phone at (773) 442-4205 or by email at email@example.com. Online purchases for ticketed events ends Sept. 13, but attendees may also pay at check-in. Parking in the Main Campus parking lots will be complimentary starting at 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 15, and all day Saturday, Sept. 16, until 10 p.m.