Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, a main focus was to recruit and retain African American students.Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, and backgrounds making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the colligate environment.
- A merit based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs & events
- Multicultural & performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive, and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
Eligible applicants for admission will have an Admission Score of 550 or higher
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Northeastern awards five Presidential Scholarships
16 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University has awarded five Chicago area high school students with its prestigious Presidential Scholarship. Valued at more than $57,000 during the course of four…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Countdown to Commencement
5 days agoSo long, finals week! As Commencement approaches, Northeastern Illinois University has some exciting news about how to view the ceremony. Read about that and much…
Northeastern wins grant to promote international study
6 days agoNortheastern Illinois University is one of only nine universities in the Western Hemisphere to be awarded a grant from the 100,000 Strong in the Americas…