Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, a main focus was to recruit and retain African American students.Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, and backgrounds making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the colligate environment.
- A merit based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs & events
- Multicultural & performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive, and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
Eligible applicants for admission will have an Admission Score of 550 or higher
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Northeastern announces 2016-17 Jewel Box Series schedule
1 day agoNow in its 17th year, Northeastern Illinois University’s Jewel Box Series returns for the 2016-17 season with a new lineup of stellar entertainment. The series…
NWCFS announces summer schedule of movie screenings
3 days agoThe Northwest Chicago Film Society (NWCFS) has announced its summer slate of movies that will be shown on Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus. “Bringing up Baby” (pictured…
Earth Science Department receives USDA grant
Friday, May 13, 2016Northeastern Illinois University’s Department of Earth Science has received a $200,000 grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. The award will fund the Multicultural Scholars…