Nontraditional Degree Programs (NDPs) include two regionally accredited undergraduate degree programs for adult students at Northeastern Illinois University:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BAIS) is a credit-based, alternative, self-paced program compatible with career and family responsibilities. Approximately 900 returning adult students are enrolled in BAIS.
- University Without Walls Program (UWW) is a competency-based degree program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. UWW students design and complete approved experiential curricula as an alternative to traditional courses.
Both programs offer:
- Generous transfer credit policies
- Flexibility and choices
- Holistic advising
- Academic rigor
- Graduate school preparation
- Options to prove experiential learning
How to Become a Major
Attend a Prospective Student Meeting. For meeting schedules, see UWW and BAIS, or call (773) 442-6030 to discuss your interests, needs and program requirements.
For general Northeastern admission requirements, the Admissions Office helps new and returning students through the application process. In addition, the Transfer Center assists transfer students and students who are veterans transition to our campus.
Our advising staff is available to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, course selection, career options or any questions and concerns you may have. Once you are accepted to an NDP program, you will meet with one of the following advisors:
Shelley Bannister, University Without Walls
Jay Jans, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Jennifer Blair, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Scholarships especially for BAIS and UWW students:
- NDP Merit Tuition Scholarship
- BromeIl Mendelson Hennington Scholarship
Explore other scholarships available for Northeastern students as well.
NDP is housed in the B Building, Suite 147.
News and Announcements
Admission Deadline Extended to July 25
Thursday, June 26, 2014It is not too late to apply and register for Fall 2014 classes. Northeastern will be accepting applications until July 25 for undergraduate, graduate and…
EMERGE Summer Program for First-Year Incoming Freshmen
Thursday, June 26, 2014Are you a first-year incoming freshman looking to build your confidence in reading and math? The English and Math Enrichment, Readiness and Growth Experience (EMERGE) Summer Program at…
New El Centro Location to Open Fall 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014After more than 40 years of serving students and the community in leased space, Northeastern Illinois University El Centro will have a new, permanent home…