Nontraditional Degree Programs (NDPs) include two regionally accredited undergraduate degree programs for adult students at Northeastern Illinois University:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BAIS) is a credit-based, alternative, self-paced program compatible with career and family responsibilities. Approximately 900 returning adult students are enrolled in BAIS.
- University Without Walls Program (UWW) is a competency-based degree program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. UWW students design and complete approved experiential curricula as an alternative to traditional courses.
Both programs offer:
- Generous transfer credit policies
- Flexibility and choices
- Holistic advising
- Academic rigor
- Graduate school preparation
- Options to prove experiential learning
How to Become a Major
Attend a Prospective Student Meeting. For meeting schedules, see UWW and BAIS, or call (773) 442-6030 to discuss your interests, needs and program requirements.
For general Northeastern admission requirements, the Admissions Office helps new and returning students through the application process. In addition, the Transfer Center assists transfer students and students who are veterans transition to our campus.
Our advising staff is available to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, course selection, career options or any questions and concerns you may have. Once you are accepted to an NDP program, you will meet with one of the following advisors:
Shelley Bannister, University Without Walls
Jennifer Blair, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Scholarships especially for BAIS and UWW students:
- NDP Merit Tuition Scholarship
- BromeIl Mendelson Hennington Scholarship
Explore other scholarships available for Northeastern students as well.
NDP is housed in the B Building, Suite 147.
News and Announcements
Northeastern students win awards at SACNAS conference
7 minutes agoFour Northeastern Illinois University students earned awards at the Society for Advancement of Hispanics/Chicanos and Native Americans in Science conference on Oct. 16-18 in Los…
Bill Kurtis returns to Northeastern Illinois University for reunion
5 hours agoWhen Bill Kurtis delivered the commencement address at Northeastern Illinois University’s graduation ceremony in 1979, the theme of his speech was climate change. More than 35…
Northeastern to host Disability Awareness Day event
3 days agoNortheastern Illinois University will host Objectifying (Dis)ability, a Disability Awareness Day event, on Wednesday, Oct. 22. The daylong event, which is free and open to the…