Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, a main focus was to recruit and retain African American students.Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, and backgrounds making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the colligate environment.
- A merit based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs & events
- Multicultural & performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive, and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
Eligible applicants for admission will have an Admission Score of 550 or higher
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: End of an era
28 minutes agoPresident Sharon Hahs has a new title: President Emerita. After nearly 10 years at the helm, Northeastern Illinois University’s fearless leader is retiring. With this edition…
ChicagoCHEC announces progress toward reducing cancer health disparity in Chicago's underserved communities
1 hour agoSix separate research projects into cancer health in Chicago's underserved communities have been funded in the past year, the Chicago Cancer Health Equity Collaborative (ChicagoCHEC)…
Ensemble Español sweeps Spain off its feet
3 days agoThe rumors are true: Spain is in love with the Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater. Northeastern Illinois University’s resident dance company is celebrating its 40th year…