The University has regional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition, Northeastern is accredited through these disciplinary bodies:
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council on Rehabilitation Education
If you have questions regarding accreditation at Northeastern Illinois University, please contact the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at (773) 442-4890.