Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, a main focus was to recruit and retain African American students.Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, and backgrounds making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the colligate environment.
- A merit based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs & events
- Multicultural & performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive, and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
Eligible applicants for admission will have an Admission Score of 550 or higher
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Awards and rewards
2 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University’s faculty, staff, students and alumni are racking up awards like they’re the Chicago Cubs. Before you tune in to the remaining World…
Ana Fraiman earns Northeastern’s Distinguished Teaching Award
4 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University has selected Chemistry Professor Ana Fraiman as the 2016 recipient of the Audrey Reynolds Distinguished Teaching Award. Professor Emerita of Linguistics Audrey Reynolds…
Northeastern to host 4th Annual Genocide Research Symposium
1 day agoNortheastern Illinois University will host the 4th Annual Genocide Research Symposium on Nov. 1. Titled “Human Rights and Genocide in Africa and the Diaspora,” the symposium…