The Angelina Pedroso Center
for Diversity and Intercultural Affairs
Home of the resource centers that serve African, African-American, Asian, Global, Latino, LGBTQA, and Female populations on campus with purposeful and engaging programs, space and opportunity. Everyone is welcome here, keeping the conversation alive across cultures, boundaries and nationalities.
The Resources at the Pedroso Center are for all of us
The African and African American Resource Center (AAARC) supports the Pedroso Center's commitment to social justice through the support of African and African American students.
- The center promotes the engagement and integration of African and African American communities and cultures.
- The center fosters a welcoming environment and sense of belonging in the university community for people of African descent.
- We seek to educate the campus community regarding the needs and contributions of Africans and African Americans to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of diversity.
The Asian and Global Resource Center (AGRC) at NEIU honors the diverse talents and cultures represented in our student body, faculty and staff.
- The AGRC is a student-centered shared space where the cultures and heritages represented on our campus are celebrated.
- The center aspires to instill a sense of belonging through engagement in the Center's programs and activities, so students feel more connected to the life of the university.
- The AGRC is committed to listening to the many voices on our campus and will focus programming around issues that are important to students and our campus community.
The Latin@ Resource Center (LRC) fosters an environment of transformative education that provides support, thought-provoking educational experiences, and participatory learning opportunities.
- We strive to increase retention and graduation for Latino/a students on our campus.
- Students engage in celebrations and authentic cultural dialogue around identity
- The center engages with community based initiatives, educational institutions, and outreach in order to better assess and address the needs of Latino students, faculty, and members of the community.
The LGBTQA Resource Center (LGBTQA RC) provides a safe and visible on campus community space and enhances a sense of connection among the LGBTQ and ally community at NEIU.
- We promote an affirming and celebratory environment for students, faculty, staff, and alum of all sexual and gender orientations, identities, and expressions.
- We are deeply committed to social justice education through our work.
- We encourage you to get involved by visiting the center and attending our programs and events.
The Women's Resource Center (WRC) was created to address the needs of women-identified students.
- The WRC cultivates community among students, staff, faculty, and NEIU as a whole.
- We utilize an intersectional feminist framework with regard to multiple identities, including, but not limited to: race, class, gender, ability, culture, sexual orientation, spirituality, gender identity.
- We strive to create an inclusive space, welcoming of all people and all identities, meaning that all genders are welcome.