Access, Transition and Success Programs
Our goal is to provide you with the resources you'll need in your pursuit of a degree. At NEIU, we know that whether you're an incoming freshmen, a transfer student, or just coming back to improve your skills, you're always looking for resources that will help you stay on track.
We're here to assist you in your college journey
The Learning Support Center provides academic support for General Education courses, Math Development courses, and assistance with writing assignments for all disciplines
- General education tutors work one-on-one with students, and also schedule group review sessions prior to exams.
- Math tutors see students on a walk-in basis. Appointments are required to see a writing tutor, the reading and learning specialist, or academic coach.
- Together, tutor and student can develop a better understanding of the knowledge presented in the course.
We're here to help. Our office coordinates programs that will help you complete a successful transition to university life.
- Orientation is designed to assist new students with a successful transition to Northeastern by preparing students for the academic, social, and cultural opportunities and climate of the University.
- Testing Services administers and coordinates Placement Testing in English (Writing and Reading) and Mathematics.
- Family and Parent Programming's goal is to involve and support family members by providing information that will support the success of their student.
Project Success serves African-American and first generation college students who demonstrate academic potential, but do may meet general university admissions requirements.
- Project Success supports students during their first two years at NEIU by assisting them in defining and accomplishing their personal academic goals.
- Each student receives guidance and support from an advisor in our program to help them make a successful transition to college life.
- Provides credit-bearing seminars that focus on the transition to college and a tuition scholarship.
Proyecto Pa'Lante serves Latino students who demonstrate academic potential, but may not meet general university admissions requirements.
- Proyecto Pa'Lante offers personalized advising and tutoring.
- Academic seminars that focus on the transition to college are provided for class credit.
- The program offers a tuition scholarship based on merit and application review.