Northeastern's Student Pantry opened in Fall 2015 under the sponsorship of the Division of Student Affairs. The original plan for the food pantry was developed through a grassroots effort during the Fall 2012 semester among faculty, staff, and students who shared an interest in finding ways to address the problem of hunger among NEIU students. Contact us directly at email@example.com.
The primary objectives of the NEIU Student Pantry include:
- Provide support and assistance to students struggling with food insecurity;
- Improve academic success by improving access to on-going sources of nutrition for our students;
- Provide hands-on volunteer leadership experiences for students while increasing their commitment to civic engagement;
- Develop internship opportunities for students in academic programs including Social Work, Communications, Community Health, Business Management. and Justice Studies.
2016-17 HOURS OF OPERATION
Your Donations Help Our Students
What can be donated?
High demand items (make a big impact with your donation) include:
Shelf stable milk
Reusable Grocery bags
Toiletries (Shampoo, Soap, Shower gel, Toothpaste, etc.)
Beans, canned fruit, canned vegetables, cereal, chili, jelly, macaroni and cheese, pasta, pasta sauce, peanut butter, shelf-stable milk, soup, stew, rice, tuna, etc.
Personal hygiene products, diapers, facial tissue, paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, etc.
What cannot be donated?
Opened of partially used items, including cans, bottles, and dried goods,products not in their original packaging, products with no ingredient information labels, homemade or home-canned products, products that have been contaminated, alcoholic beverages or energy drinks of any kind, expired products, pet food, clothing, cleaning supplies, toys.
Where to drop off donations?
- Academic & Community Partnerships (E 047 C)
- Advising Center (LWH 0027)
- Angelina Pedroso Center (B 159)
- Learning Support Center (4th floor of the Library)
- Project Success/Proyecto Pa'Lante Office (LWH 4029)
- Student Disability Services (D 140)
- Student Leadership Development Office (B 119)
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Props to the professors
7 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University has announced this year’s Bernard J. Brommel Distinguished Research Professor award. Find out who won the award, which four professors co-wrote a textbook,…
Chicago Film Society announces Summer 2017 movie screening schedule
1 day agoThe Chicago Film Society has announced the 2017 schedule of movies that will be screened on Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus. “Thunder Road” will open…
Four faculty members co-author Linguistics textbook
2 days agoFour members of the Northeastern Illinois University Department of Linguistics—Professor Shahrzad Mahootian, Professor Judith Kaplan-Weinger, Assistant Professor Lewis Gebhardt and Professor Richard Hallett—have co-authored a…