The Northeastern Illinois University Foundation accepts outright gifts made with cash or by check and credit card.
- If you would like to make a cash gift, we recommend that you do so during our office hours of Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- If you would like to write a check, please mail your gift to the following address:
Northeastern Illinois University Foundation
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625-4699
If you want to use a credit card and not donate on-line, please call us during our office hours at (773) 442-4200.
Appreciated assets, such as stocks and securities, provide you with an ability to make a donation to the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation and to receive additional tax benefits. We recommend that you seek advice from a tax professional as to the potential tax benefits associated with the donation of appreciated assets.
If you’re interested in supporting Northeastern Illinois University with this type of gift, please call the Business Manager at (773) 442-4214 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it works
- You transfer securities to the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation.
- The Foundation sells your securities and uses the proceeds for the University’s programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits Northeastern Illinois University later.