First year Northeastern Illinois University students accepted for the Fall semester to CCICS, El Centro Campus, and the Main Campus. You must take the University placement exam to be considered for participation. You will be contacted by the program, if you are eligible.
Advantages of participating:
- Potential to place out of initial developmental Math, Reading, and/or Writing course(s) by taking a second placement examination at the end of the program;
- Get a jump start on your academic career with the opportunity to earn 3 college credits, paid for by STP*, that can be used towards fulfilling graduation requirements;
- Experience workshops aimed toward improving your Math, Reading, and Writing skills;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to learn how to navigate college life successfully;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to explore academic opportunities and different careers at Northeastern;
- Meet other new students before the fall semester begins and become acquainted with the University and surrounding community;
- Lunch will be provided.
* Please note that participants will need to pay for travel expenses and course materials.
To prepare first-year admitted students for Northeastern Illinois University college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition, in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment.
If you need more information about STP contact us at:
Summer Transition Program
5500 N. St. Louis Ave
Sachs Administration Building-5th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
All Aboard the Orient Express
3 hours agoNew undergraduate students who were unable to participate in a summer orientation session are invited to one last session that has been added to the…
“Material Matters” at the Fine Arts Gallery
3 hours agoThe Northeastern Illinois University Fine Arts Gallery will present “Material Matters,” an exhibition that expands upon the language of abstraction through an exploration of the…
Northeastern Illinois University El Centro Opening Delayed to Sept. 20
11 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University’s new El Centro facility will open to students Saturday, September 20, 2014, instead of on the official first day of school, Saturday,…