First year Northeastern Illinois University students accepted for the Fall semester to CCICS, El Centro and the Main Campus. You must take the University placement exam to be considered for participation. You will be contacted by the program, if you are eligible.
Advantages of participating:
- Potential to place out of initial developmental Math, Reading, and/or Writing course(s) by taking a second placement examination at the end of the program;
- Get a jump start on your academic career with the opportunity to earn 3 college credits, paid for by STP*, that can be used towards fulfilling graduation requirements;
- Experience workshops aimed toward improving your Math, Reading, and Writing skills;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to learn how to navigate college life successfully;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to explore academic opportunities and different careers at Northeastern;
- Meet other new students before the fall semester begins and become acquainted with the University and surrounding community;
- Lunch will be provided.
* Please note that participants will need to pay for travel expenses and course materials.
To prepare first-year admitted students for Northeastern Illinois University college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition, in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment.
If you need more information about STP contact us at:
Summer Transition Program
5500 N. St. Louis Ave
Sachs Administration Building-5th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Northeastern Illinois University to influence art education in Chicago with $30k grant
3 days agoNortheastern Illinois University Center for College Access and Success has been awarded a $30,000 grant from the Polk Bros. Foundation titled Spaces for Possibility, an arts-based learning…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Move your tassels
3 days agoWith the turning of more than 600 sets of tassels at Commencement, Northeastern Illinois University proudly conferred degrees upon its latest group of graduates. Congratulations,…
ABPP licensure now available to Northeastern Gerontology graduates
5 days agoGraduates from Northeastern Illinois University’s Gerontology program will soon be eligible to apply for geropsychology licensure through the American Board of Professional Psychology. The licensure exam…