First year Northeastern Illinois University students accepted for the Fall semester to CCICS, El Centro and the Main Campus. You must take the University placement exam to be considered for participation. You will be contacted by the program, if you are eligible.
Advantages of participating:
- Potential to place out of initial developmental Math, Reading, and/or Writing course(s) by taking a second placement examination at the end of the program;
- Get a jump start on your academic career with the opportunity to earn 3 college credits, paid for by STP*, that can be used towards fulfilling graduation requirements;
- Experience workshops aimed toward improving your Math, Reading, and Writing skills;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to learn how to navigate college life successfully;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to explore academic opportunities and different careers at Northeastern;
- Meet other new students before the fall semester begins and become acquainted with the University and surrounding community;
- Lunch will be provided.
* Please note that participants will need to pay for travel expenses and course materials.
To prepare first-year admitted students for Northeastern Illinois University college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition, in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment.
If you need more information about STP contact us at:
Summer Transition Program
5500 N. St. Louis Ave
Sachs Administration Building-5th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Halloween edition
13 minutes agoNortheastern Illinois University closed out the month of October with an awards-filled bang. Check out the week in honors, media coverage and more. Around the Commons NASPA…
Cynthia Moran wins Northeastern’s Distinguished Teaching Award
1 hour agoNortheastern Illinois University Provost Richard Helldobler announced Thursday that Communication, Media and Theatre professor Cynthia Moran is the recipient of the 2014 Audrey Reynolds Distinguished…
Northeastern plans events to honor veterans
23 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University will honor our nation’s veterans at a ceremony on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. President Sharon Hahs will address guests at the 10:30 a.m.…