First year Northeastern Illinois University students accepted for the Fall semester to CCICS, El Centro Campus, and the Main Campus. You must take the University placement exam to be considered for participation. You will be contacted by the program, if you are eligible.
Advantages of participating:
- Potential to place out of initial developmental Math, Reading, and/or Writing course(s) by taking a second placement examination at the end of the program;
- Get a jump start on your academic career with the opportunity to earn 3 college credits, paid for by STP*, that can be used towards fulfilling graduation requirements;
- Experience workshops aimed toward improving your Math, Reading, and Writing skills;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to learn how to navigate college life successfully;
- Work with facilitators, administrators, and Student Success Coaches to explore academic opportunities and different careers at Northeastern;
- Meet other new students before the fall semester begins and become acquainted with the University and surrounding community;
- Lunch will be provided.
* Please note that participants will need to pay for travel expenses and course materials.
To prepare first-year admitted students for Northeastern Illinois University college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition, in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment.
If you need more information about STP contact us at:
Summer Transition Program
5500 N. St. Louis Ave
Sachs Administration Building-5th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Admission Deadline Extended to July 25
Thursday, June 26, 2014It is not too late to apply and register for Fall 2014 classes. Northeastern will be accepting applications until July 25 for undergraduate, graduate and…
EMERGE Summer Program for First-Year Incoming Freshmen
Thursday, June 26, 2014Are you a first-year incoming freshman looking to build your confidence in reading and math? The English and Math Enrichment, Readiness and Growth Experience (EMERGE) Summer Program at…
New El Centro Location to Open Fall 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014After more than 40 years of serving students and the community in leased space, Northeastern Illinois University El Centro will have a new, permanent home…