How to Apply?
Begin by either filling out our application online or download and print a paper application.
The application process and admission requirements at Northeastern vary depending on applicant type. Before filling out an application, please learn more about our requirements and deadlines below.
When to Apply?
Whether you apply online or submit your application by mail, it is important to meet our application deadline. Deadlines vary for degree seeking, non-degree seeking and international students.
Domestic Applicant Deadlines
International Applicant Deadlines
|Fall - July 15
Spring - November 1
Summer I - April 1
Summer II* - May 1
|Fall - July 15
Spring - October 1
Summer I - March 1
Summer II*- April 1
Transfer Applicant Instructions
In addition to general application information, there are special instructions if you are applying as a transfer student.
Should I apply as a transfer student?
You are a transfer applicant if: you attended any college, university or trade school after graduating from high school.
What paperwork do I need to get in order?
Here is what you will need and how you can get it:
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities or trade schools attended. → Contact your high school and have them send your transcript to the Admissions Office.
- If you have less than 24 earned semester hours, please submit your official high school transcript, and ACT or SAT scores (if you are younger than 21 years old).
- If you attended school outside of the U.S., please submit an Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) or World Education Services, Inc. (WES) course-by-course or subject analysis evaluation.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to provide immigration documents and other required documentation, unless your status is not identified.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
To be admitted to Northeastern you must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all college, university or trade school coursework attempted, and also you must be in good academic standing at the last school attended.
Transfer Applicant Resources
- Transfer Course Equivalency Guides and Transfer Policy
- Transfer Guides (Illinois Community Colleges)
- Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
Promos and quick links: Apply Now Application Instructions Deadlines