The Secondary Education and K-12 Education programs are for students who are interested in teaching at the high school level or in disciplines that are K-12 specific.The professional education sequences are offered in the following 9-12 or K-12 licensure programs.
- Physical Education
The professional education sequence in Secondary Education or in a K-12 program provides students with background in educational foundations, curriculum development, and teaching methods, along with field experiences necessary to be successful in today’s diverse high school or K-12 classrooms. The programs offered through the Goodwin College of Education prepare dedicated teachers with the skills, expertise, and pedagogy to meet the needs of 21st century students.
Upon completion of the program requirements, students have:
- A depth of knowledge in their chosen academic discipline;
- A knowledge of the principles of human growth and development;
- A knowledge of students with varying racial, cultural, and socioecomonic backgrounds;
- A knowledge of the wide range of abilities and special needs of students; and
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills as they develop effective learning experiences for students during the methods and clinical components of the professional education sequence.
Academic Catalog Information
Take a closer look at the Secondary Education 9-12/K-12 Licensure Program and the courses offered toward the degree.
Department and Contact Information
If you are interested in the program or have questions, please contact Educational Inquiry and Curriculum Studies at (773) 442-5517.
Northeastern Illinois University is home to more than 10,000 students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.