Goodwin College of Education Undergraduate and Teaching Licensure Program (TLP)
- Complete the Goodwin College of Application available in TK20: Click here. Use your student NEIU login user name and password. Download TK20 instructions here.
- Download the letter of Recommendation from a Professor/Instructor available online in TK20.
- Upload your unofficial NEIU transcripts in TK20.
- Meet with your Goodwin College of Education professional advisor to declare your Education Major. See form here.
- If you are an applicant that has been accepted to the Teaching Licensure Program (TLP) , please upload your TLP acceptance letter in TK20.
- See application deadline dates, here.
- Minimum admission requirements to the Goodwin College:
- “C” or better in English 101
- “C” or better in a College level Math leading to NEIU math competency (example: MATH 101, or 102, etc.)
- Must have a 2.5 Cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
- Additional requirements for candidates seeking admission to teacher preparation programs (i.e. Bilingual/Bicultural, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Physical Education, K-12 Music/Art/Spanish, Secondary Education and Special Education):
- Create an account on the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS), see here.
- A Test of Basic Skills is required for admission to all teacher preparation programs. See additional information about the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) here. The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) accepts the ACT plus writing or SAT in lieu of TAP, see more information here.
- Per the State of Illinois School Code, candidates applying to teacher preparation programs must pass Federal and State of Ilinois background checks. Additional Information here.
Application Questions – Please contact:
Transfer of Course Credit Information for Educational Foundations 305/405, 306/406
Please contact Dr. Brian Schultz (Professor & Department Chair, Department of Educational Inquiry & Curriculum Studies) at (773) 442-5327 or B-Schultz@neiu.edu. When you contact Dr. Schultz, please provide him with scanned copies of the syllabi and your transcript from the college/university for which you are seeking to transfer credit.