NEIU 2013 Reunion Schedule
Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19, 2013
Reunion Welcome Center at the NEIU Alumni Center
Please visit the Reunion Welcome Center for registration, check in and reunion details throughout your campus visit. The NEIU Alumni Center is located off of the 3701 Brwyn Marw entrance in Building I. We invite you to enjoy refreshments throughout your reunion experience, have computer access to check your e-mail, use the alumni library and get more information on campus directions and parking information. Welcome back home!
|Friday, October 18
|12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
||Welcome Home Luncheon for Chicago Teachers College alumni
- Join us for a special luncheon and Medallion Ceremony for our Diamond Alumni of the Class of 1952 and Golden Alumni of the Class 1962
|6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
||Celebrate Your NEIU – Alumni Reunion Reception hosted by the NEIU Reunion Honorary Committee and the NEIU Alumni Advisory Board
- Join us for this celebration of you and your fellow alumni! Network with classmates, faculty and friends of NEIU.
|Saturday, October 19
|10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
||Alumni and Friends Welcome Brunch and Foundation Annual Meeting hosted by the NEIU Foundation and NEIU Alumni Advisory Board
Tour Your NEIU
- As an NEIU alumnus, this is your opportunity to learn more about the University’s great achievements and its progress in fundraising initiatives to grow scholarship opportunities and enhance NEIU’s programs.
If you haven’t been on campus since graduation, don’t miss out on Tour Your NEIU! This special tour will be lead by NEIU students. Visit the Bernard J. Brommel Hall, the NEIU Student Center for Science Engagement, University Commons, Ruth Duckworth, Angelina Pedroso Center for Diversity and Intercultural Affairs, the College of Business and Management Building, the College of Education’s William Itkin Children's Service Center and Literacy Center, NEIU’s Recital Hall and Auditorium, and much more.
Tour Your NEIU will be available during the following times:
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
11:00 – 11:45 a.m.
|12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
||Your NEIU Power Talks – highlighting Faculty Ambassador and/or other faculty from each college (each lecture should be 30 mins with 10 mins in between)
|2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
||Coffee break with snacks hosted by the NEIU Alumni Association (second floor of the Student Union)
|3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
||Igniting Your Professional Potential Sponsored by the OAR and Academic and Career Advising
Make the most of your alumni resources at this one-stop professionally developmental afternoon. Visit various professional development suites to optimize your professional potential.
- Come build your virtual professional skills at our Virtual Suite:
- Learn how to manage your LinkedIn online profile
- Online resume critiquing
- Live Skype interview and in-person mock interview
- Assess your skill sets and learn about what jobs best match your strengthen as the Assessment Suite:
- You will need a professional headshot for multiple business needs. Stop in and get your FREE professional headshots.
- Ignite Your Professional Potential Presentations
- Optimize Your LinkedIn Network
- Financial Planning for Your Future
- Interested in Pursuing a Graduate Degree? Learn more.
- Dress to Impress in the Business World
|6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
||Celebrating Your Connections in the City
- Golden Alumni Mixer at 10 Pin Bowling Arena
- Graduates of the last decade and 2013 seniors
- Class of 1988 - 25 year Anniversary Celebration
- Dine Arounds in Chicago
- Class Specific Dinner and Affinity Groups (Athletic Alumni, CCICS, El Centro, Presidential Scholars, etc.)
- Contact us to learn more about how to host your own Alumni Dine Around