Nontraditional Degree Programs (NDPs) include two regionally accredited undergraduate degree programs for adult students at Northeastern Illinois University:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BAIS) is a credit-based, alternative, self-paced program compatible with career and family responsibilities. Approximately 900 returning adult students are enrolled in BAIS.
- University Without Walls Program (UWW) is a competency-based degree program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. UWW students design and complete approved experiential curricula as an alternative to traditional courses.
Both programs offer:
- Generous transfer credit policies
- Flexibility and choices
- Holistic advising
- Academic rigor
- Graduate school preparation
- Options to prove experiential learning
How to Become a Major
Attend a Prospective Student Meeting. For meeting schedules, see UWW and BAIS, or call (773) 442-6030 to discuss your interests, needs and program requirements.
For general Northeastern admission requirements, the Admissions Office helps new and returning students through the application process. In addition, the Transfer Center assists transfer students and students who are veterans transition to our campus.
Our advising staff is available to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, course selection, career options or any questions and concerns you may have. Once you are accepted to an NDP program, you will meet with one of the following advisors:
Shelley Bannister, University Without Walls
Jennifer Blair, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Scholarships especially for BAIS and UWW students:
- NDP Merit Tuition Scholarship
- BromeIl Mendelson Hennington Scholarship
Explore other scholarships available for Northeastern students as well.
NDP is housed in the B Building, Suite 147.
News and Announcements
Hispanic Heritage Month arrives at Northeastern
1 day agoHispanic Heritage Month kicks off Monday, Sept. 15, at Northeastern Illinois University and runs through Oct. 17. With more than 20 events to choose from,…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Sept. 12, 2014
4 days agoDid you notice a certain university in the latest U.S. News & World Report college rankings? We sure did! Here is the latest news from…
Ensemble Espanol to participate in Chicago Artists Month
4 days agoEnsemble Espanol Spanish Dance Theater, a company that is in residence at Northeastern Illinois University, will participate in this year’s Chicago Artists Month programming with…