Northeastern Illinois University's Personal Webpage Agreement
Fields with a * are required.
This Agreement made effective this * day of *, 200* is between
the Northeastern Illinois University (the University) and (User) of the University Personal World Wide Web (Web) Page services who has signed at the end of this Agreement. If User is an organization, the organization shall designate an individual to be responsible for the format of the personal Web pages; and that person shall sign this agreement.
The personal Web pages served by the University personal server are accessible by Internet users around the world and are subject to all local, state, federal, and international law, as well as Uni-versity policy.
It is necessary to distinguish between the official University Web pages, which represent the University, and personal Web pages, which may contain individual opinion and other content not related to the University.
For those and other reasons, it is important that the obligations of both the User and the University be clearly understood. Therefore, the University and the User, whose signature appears below, agree to the following:
Terms and Conditions
1. The University shall provide personal Web pages services to User pursuant to the policies and procedures of the University including but not limited to the Northeastern Illinois University's Policies for Content and Policies for Personal Web Pages, and the Use of University Computer Facilities Policy or any other applicable policies which the University may designate in its sole discretion, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. User understands and agrees that the University's computer resources, including but not limited to the personal Web server and network, are provided to User as a privilege, not a right.
3. All contents of the personal Web pages of User shall be the sole responsibility of User. The following disclaimer must appear explicitly (not just via a link) on each personal Web page that is stored on a server connected to the University network:
"This personal Web page is not an official Northeastern Illinois University Web page."
4. The content of User's personal pages shall adhere to the University Policies and any and all applicable local, state, or federal laws. User's signature below verifies that the User has read and agreed to the terms and conditions of those policies.
5. The content of Web pages are public, and User agrees that by posting the pages he or she makes them available to the public.
6. User's E-mail address shall be displayed on each personal Web page.
7. The University may limit the amount of space that is provided on the server.
8. User's personal Web pages shall be removed from the server no later than one semester after User leaves the University.
9. User's personal Web pages shall only reside on the University's personal Web server or on that User's personal computer. Pages containing links from other machines, within the University's domain, for purposes of displaying personal Web pages shall be disabled.
10. All access from official University Web pages to personal Web pages must occur through a common page that is provided by the University; no other direct links are permitted.
11. Any violation by User of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any applicable University Policies may result in the imposition of sanctions, including the privilege granted by the University in this Agreement.
By signing below I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement. I understand and agree that I must abide by the terms of this Agreement, and any and all local, state, or federal laws. I understand and agree that the University may at any time in its sole discretion, limit or deny access, shut down or remove my web page from its server. I acknowledge and I agree that if any of my activities violate or may potentially violate, in the sole opinion of the University, any applicable laws or policies, this privilege granted to me may be revoked and sanctions as outlined in those applicable laws and policies may be imposed as necessary.