Civil Service Resources
The purpose of Civil Service Council shall be an elected governance body of Civil Service Employees at Northeastern Illinois University and shall make recommendations to the Vice-President, Finance and Administration.
The Council shall:
- Establish effective channels of communication between the council and all Civil Service Employees.
- Discuss, advise, and make recommendations to the administration of Northeastern Illinois University on issues pertaining to the welfare of all Civil Service employees except on issues that are within the scope of a ratified civil service union agreement or collective bargaining.
- Address all matters that solely affect non-negotiated employees and shall make recommendations to the Vice-President, Finance and Administration.
- Appoint representatives for a one-year term to all committees established by the Council.
- Recommend or appoint, as appropriate, representatives to all university-established committees on which Civil Service Staff is represented.