Nontraditional Degree Programs (NDPs) include two regionally accredited undergraduate degree programs for adult students at Northeastern Illinois University:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BAIS) is a credit-based, alternative, self-paced program compatible with career and family responsibilities. Approximately 900 returning adult students are enrolled in BAIS.
- University Without Walls Program (UWW) is a competency-based degree program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. UWW students design and complete approved experiential curricula as an alternative to traditional courses.
Both programs offer:
- Generous transfer credit policies
- Flexibility and choices
- Holistic advising
- Academic rigor
- Graduate school preparation
- Options to prove experiential learning
How to Become a Major
Attend a Prospective Student Meeting, or call (773) 442-6030 to discuss your interests, needs and program requirements.
For general Northeastern admission requirements, the Admissions Office helps new and returning students through the application process. In addition, the Transfer Center assists transfer students and students who are veterans transition to our campus.
Our advising staff is available to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, course selection, career options or any questions and concerns you may have. Once you are accepted to an NDP program, you will meet with one of the following advisors:
Shelley Bannister, University Without Walls
Jennifer Blair, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Jacqueline Butler, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Scholarships especially for BAIS and UWW students:
Explore other scholarships available for Northeastern students as well.
NDP is housed in the B Building, Suite 147.
Visit our Contact Us page!
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Countdown to Commencement
3 days agoSo long, finals week! As Commencement approaches, Northeastern Illinois University has some exciting news about how to view the ceremony. Read about that and much…
Northeastern wins grant to promote international study
5 days agoNortheastern Illinois University is one of only nine universities in the Western Hemisphere to be awarded a grant from the 100,000 Strong in the Americas…
Northeastern to host fifth annual hands-on STEAM Conference
6 days agoNortheastern Illinois University will host the fifth annual STEAM Conference, an event developed by the Center for College Access and Success that will offer more…