Welcome new and returning students, faculty, and staff as we embark on a new year together. Let's make it a great one!ORIENTATION INFO
We're here to help
Student Affairs connects you to services, people, and programs that are here to help you be successful.STUDENT HANDBOOK (PDF)
in this together
We share our cultures on a daily basis. We have resource centers and clubs to support everyone.DIVERSITY AND INTERCULTURAL AFFAIRS
Earning a bachelor's or master's degree is a great achievement, and the Northeastern community celebrates all of our graduates with Commencement ceremonies.COMMENCEMENT INFO
Welcome to Student Affairs!
Northeastern is your University and we are so glad you are here. It is a great place to learn and to achieve your academic and personal goals. At Northeastern, we are committed to your success!
Our students lead busy lives, with classes, homework, University activities, family responsibilities, work, and community involvement. Please take advantage of student services and programs at Northeastern that can answer questions, solve problems, and help you complete your degree in a timely manner.
The Division of Student Affairs connects you to people and programs that are here to help you be successful. Have a great experience at Northeastern, where our students learn in the city and lead in the world.
To all our new and returning Golden Eagles, best wishes for a successful school year!
Frank E. Ross, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Welcome, New Students!
We are here to help welcome, serve, and guide you through your first year at Northeastern and beyond. The following programs for first year students at Northeastern are provided to introduce you to the university's culture and give you opportunities to connect with the university community:
- New Student Orientation
Orientation occurs the summer before you begin your first semester at Northeastern. You will explore the campus, learn about programs and services, and meet other new students and faculty. All first year students are required to attend orientation.
- First-Year Experience (FYE) Program
FYE is a university-wide initiative that includes a series of classes and out of class events that will help prepare you for a successful college career. FYE is required for all students who have earned between 0-30 credit hours.
Click here for a list of Student Affairs programs and services to help you on your path to graduation.
Important Information for Current Students:
- You can check your financial aid status via NEIUport by visiting the 'Current Student' tab and clicking 'Financial Aid Awards'.
- If you have a question about your financial aid award, please call Financial Aid at (773) 442-5016.
- For questions about your bill and/or payments, please call the Cashier at (773) 442-5184.
- Please visit the 'What's New?' section of the NEIU home page to find out the latest news about NEIU.
- You are strongly encouraged to sign up for the University's emergency communication system, N ALERT to receive text messages, voice mails and/or e-mails notifying you of emergencies including extreme weather-related situations.
Signing up is quick and easy; just follow these steps:
- 1. Log in to NEIUport at neiuport.neiu.edu
- 2. Click on "Student" tab and employees click on "Employee" tab
- 3. In the left column under "Personal Information" click on "Update address and phone/
N Alert" and "Update E-mailAddresses/N Alert"
Share Your Ideas
Have suggestions for enhancing life at Northeastern or Student Affairs? We're always looking for ways to serve our students better. Click here to share your ideas with us.