FEDERAL SCHOOL CODE: 001693
Welcome to the home page of the Financial Aid Office at Northeastern Illinois University. Northeastern makes every effort to extend financial assistance to qualified students in need of funds to complete their education. The Financial Aid Office, located in D-200, (phone number 773-442-5000) offers assistance in meeting these expenses through grants,
scholarships, student employment programs or loans. Would you like to view The Financial Aid Newsletter for the current term? Click here!
PRIORITY FILE DEADLINE: February 15
The Priority File Deadline is used to determine the eligibility for campus-based assistance at NEIU since these funds generally exhaust prior to the award year. To determine whether a student is eligible to receive the Illinois Monetary Award Program (IMAP), Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS) or Carl D. Perkins Student Loan; the date of FAFSA submission is considered along with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
DOWNLOADABLE FREE Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA Worksheet
FINANCIAL AID MISSION
The Department’s Mission is to provide services and programs to all NEIU students in support of their education. Through the services provided, it is the department’s intent to assist students in identifying funding suitable for their educational objectives. Through the programs provided, it is the department’s intent to educate students on being credit smart in creating a budget, tracking expenditures, managing student loan debt and saving over time. Title IV Financial Aid programs will be administered with integrity in order to help as many students as funding will permit.
FEDERAL STUDENT AID ELIGIBILITY
1. Enrolled in a degree-seeking program (student-at-large statuses are non-degree)
2. Status of United States Citizen or Permanent Resident (eligible non-citizen)
3. Maintain minimum Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress
4. Not be in default on any student loan nor owe a repayment on any grant
FINANCIAL AID LENDER RELATIONS CODE OF CONDUCT
Northeastern Illinois University and its Financial Aid Office prohibits the following actions on behalf of any of its employees when working with lenders for alternative/private loans. Any employee found conducting any of the following acts will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Revenue-sharing arrangements in which the lender pays a fee or provides other material benefits to NEIU
- Receiving gifts from a lender, guarantor or loan servicer such as transportation, lodging, tickets or meals
- Consulting or other contracting arrangements between the institution's agent and any lender
- Directing borrowers to particular lenders or assigning first-time borrowers a lender
- Refusing to certify or delaying certification of any loan based on the borrower's selection of lender or guarantor
- Promises of a specified number of Stafford loans, loan volume or preferred lender arrangement for such loans
- Assistance with Financial Aid Office staffing from a lender, guarantor or loan servicer
- Serving on an advisory board, commission or group established by a lender, guarantor or group of lenders and guarantors