Prospective students are encouraged to visit the NEIU-El Centro and meet with admissions staff to discuss admission process and learn about the educational opportunities available at NEIU-El Centro Campus.
Who can benefit from NEIU-El Centro Campus?
- New First Year Students.
- Transfer Students.
- Students interested primarily in evening and weekend courses.
NEIU Admission Requirements
- You are eligible for admission if you have graduated or will graduate from high school and
rank in the upper half of your graduating class.
- If you are not in the upper half of your graduating class, you must have a minimum
composite score of 19 on the ACT or a minimum score of 890 on the SAT to qualify for
- If you are 18 years of age or older, you can be considered for admission upon successful
completion of the GED. The ACT or SAT is also required if you are under 21 years of age.
- You are eligible for admission if you have earned a cumulative “c” average for all college
work attempted and are “good standing” at the last college attended on a full-time basis.
- If you have earned less than 30 semester hours of college credit, you must have earned a
cumulative "C" average for all college work attempted, be in good standing at the last
college attended on a full-time basis, as well as meet freshmen admission requirements.
- Students graduating with an Illinois Community College Board approved model A.A. or
A.S. degree will be granted junior standing and will have fulfilled our general education
NEIU-El Centro Campus Alternative Admission Program
If you demonstrate academic potential but you do not meet the general admission requirements you may be considered for alternative admission to NEIU through El Centro Campus. To be eligible you must also participate in a pre-admission interview, submit a personal statement, and submit two letters of recommendation from counselors and/or teachers.
How to apply:
The application deadline for fall semester is July 1 and for spring semester is November 1.
- Submit a completed application for admission directly to NEIU-El Centro Campus with official high
school transcripts or GED report and official ACT or SAT reports.
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
- Alternative admissions candidates must also participate in a pre-admission interview,
submit a personal statement, and submit two letters of recommendation from counselors
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $30 (in a check or money order) payable to Northeastern Illinois University.
Prospective students can either drop off their applications at NEIU-El Centro Campus or send them through regular mail to the address below:
Northeastern Illinois University - El Centro Campus
3119 North Pulaski Road
Chicago, IL 60641-5667