Nontraditional Degree Programs (NDPs) include two regionally accredited undergraduate degree programs for adult students at Northeastern Illinois University:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BAIS) is a credit-based, alternative, self-paced program compatible with career and family responsibilities. Approximately 900 returning adult students are enrolled in BAIS.
- University Without Walls Program (UWW) is a competency-based degree program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. UWW students design and complete approved experiential curricula as an alternative to traditional courses.
Both programs offer:
- Generous transfer credit policies
- Flexibility and choices
- Holistic advising
- Academic rigor
- Graduate school preparation
- Options to prove experiential learning
How to Become a Major
Attend a Prospective Student Meeting. See below for meeting schedules, or call (773) 442-6030 to discuss your interests, needs and program requirements.
For general Northeastern admission requirements, the Admissions Office helps new and returning students through the application process. In addition, the Transfer Center assists transfer students and students who are veterans transition to our campus.
BAIS Meetings for Summer II 2015 Admission
April 27, 2015, 6:00-7:30pm, SU 214
BAIS Meetings for Fall 2015 Admission
May 14, 2015, 6:00-7:30pm, SU 214
May 26, 2015, 2:00-3:30pm, TBD
June 11, 2015, 6:00-7:30pm, SU 214
June 24, 2015, 2:00-3:30pm, TBD
July 13, 2015, 6:00-7:30pm, SU 214
August 5, 2015, 10:00-11:30am
University Without Walls (UWW)
There are no Prospective Student Meetings for University Without Walls (UWW) during the summer. Check back in August 2015.
Our advising staff is available to discuss transcripts, transfer credits, course selection, career options or any questions and concerns you may have. Once you are accepted to an NDP program, you will meet with one of the following advisors:
Shelley Bannister, University Without Walls
Jennifer Blair, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Jacqueline Butler, Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Scholarships especially for BAIS and UWW students:
- NDP Merit Tuition Scholarship
- Brommel Mendelson Hennington Scholarship
Explore other scholarships available for Northeastern students as well.
NDP is housed in the B Building, Suite 147.
Emina Stojkovic earns Northeastern research professor award
12 hours agoAssociate Professor of Biology Emina Stojkovic has been honored with Northeastern Illinois University’s 2015 Bernard J. Brommel Distinguished Research Professor award, Provost and Vice President…
Northeastern prepares for Earth Day events
19 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University will host a series of events on April 22 to mark Earth Day that are sponsored by a number of student organizations. The…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Biology bonanza
3 days agoFrom California to Wisconsin, Northeastern Illinois University’s Biology graduates are earning national recognition. Read about what four of them have accomplished, which conferences are coming…