Summer 2016 Building Hours (5/16/16 through 8/15/16):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m - 6 p.m
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Summer 2016 Administrative Office Hours (SU 207)
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Spring 2016 Building Hours (1/4/16 through 5/6/16):
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
**Closed Saturday and Sunday**
Administrative office hours - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (SU 207)
Like the Student Union on Facebook!
Welcome to your Student Union!
The NEIU Student Union serves as a destination for students, faculty, staff, and visitors in many ways. We strive to help our guests relax, connect, learn, and grow from our quality programming, art exhibitions, and a wide variety of other services.
Our programs are created, developed and produced by students. Some successful and entertaining programs include: NEIU Top Chef, the Student Showcase, and NestFest. Be sure to look for other exciting events throughout the year.
The Main Floor
- The main floor of the Student Union offers many areas for relaxing, conversing, and learning.
- The Reading Room is available to all for quiet study.
- Alumni Hall can hold large scale events, accommodate hundreds of guests, and houses many well-produced gatherings.
- The Golden Eagles room provides a space for more formal gatherings in an intimate setting.
- The Information Center, located on the edge of the Student Union, provides a variety of services to our University and surrounding community.
- Located in the lower level, the cafeteria caters to the daily demands of the university community, while offering plenty of seating for our guests to congregate.
The Second Floor
- On the second floor you can find a variety of meeting rooms, available to reserve for student organizations, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Our “Relaxation and Mediation Room” in SU-219, serves as a destination to relax, clear your thoughts, and reflect. This room is available to all students on a walk-in basis.
- You will also find a variety of traveling art exhibits that make their way to the concourse of the second floor.
- The main office of Student Union, Event, & Conference Services is located in SU-207, and is there to coordinate all of your reservation and event needs. The office is open 8am – 8pm Mon-Fri.
The Student Union is a bustling hub of activity that serves our diverse community, dedicated students, and skilled professionals. It is a reflection of each of the core values of our institution – Integrity, Excellence, Access to Opportunity, Diversity, Community, and Empowerment Through Learning - and is operated by a large pool of skilled, caring employees who are here to meet your needs.
We look forward to seeing you in the Student Union!
Memories are made here!
Northeastern announces 2016-17 Jewel Box Series schedule
6 hours agoNow in its 17th year, Northeastern Illinois University’s Jewel Box Series returns for the 2016-17 season with a new lineup of stellar entertainment. The series…
NWCFS announces summer schedule of movie screenings
2 days agoThe Northwest Chicago Film Society (NWCFS) has announced its summer slate of movies that will be shown on Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus. “Bringing up Baby” (pictured…
Earth Science Department receives USDA grant
Friday, May 13, 2016Northeastern Illinois University’s Department of Earth Science has received a $200,000 grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. The award will fund the Multicultural Scholars…