Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, a main focus was to recruit and retain African American students.Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, and backgrounds making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the colligate environment.
- A merit based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs & events
- Multicultural & performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive, and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
Eligible applicants for admission will have an Admission Score of 550 or higher
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Support for science students
3 hours agoSummer semester is in full swing, so let’s heat things up with a closer look at the Student Center for Science Engagement. Read all about…
Ensemble Español to use adapted show for special needs students
1 day agoNortheastern Illinois University’s resident Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater has received a special needs performance endorsement for its outreach educational performance program, “Spain’s Dancing Rhythms.” The…
Jewel Box Series announces 2015-16 schedule
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University’s Jewel Box Series will return for the 2015-16 season with another spectacular lineup. Now in its 16th year, the series has consistently…